Free Shipping Order more than Rs: 500/-
Rock Salt Crystal
Himalayan rock salt is also known as pink rock salt because of its distinctive pale pink color. Mined in Pakistan, Himalayan rock salt is a naturally occurring salt rich in a number of minerals. Himalayan salt can be harvested as large blocks, such as for cooking slabs or making rock salt lamps, or it can be crushed into medium and small pieces. It can also be ground up at home in a salt grinder to use in cooking, much like regular sea salt
Sendha namak is the Indian name for Himalayan rock salt. It is a large-grained, coarse salt, also called halite or land salt, that’s available in many grocery and health food stores. It dissolves readily in water. Here are some more key things to know about this delicious salt:
• Sendha namak is mined from underground deposits of dried lakes in the Punjab region of Pakistan. It is unrefined, non-iodized and contains no additional anti-caking agents. It can be white, pink, red, or even blue in color.
• It is lower in sodium than regular table salt and contains 94 trace minerals, as opposed to the three that are in common table salt. Since this salt is pure, it is used during religious fasts in India.
• It is used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is said to be good for the heart, beneficial for people with diabetes and to prevent osteoporosis. According to Ayurveda, this salt reduces depression and stress, prevents and treats muscle cramps, regulates blood pressure, aids digestion, and relieves skin problems and arthritis.
• In India, it is used in making chutneys, raita (yogurt sauces), chaats, snacks, and other dishes.
• This salt lowers the freezing point of water and can be used in ice cream machines.
• Research has shown that Sendha salt is more beneficial than other edible salts for patients suffering from chronic kidney disease